Whether you are a Twitch lurker or you have just planned to relax on a weekend by watching your favorite streamer or you are planning to watch a professional player to improve your gameplay in peace without getting interrupted by a lot of viewers chatting under the stream.
Whatever situation brought you here, we have got a solution for you. In this guide, we shall be showing you how you can hide chat on Twitch and enjoy the streams without any interruptions. So, without any further ado. Let’s dig into it.
How to Hide Chat on Twitch
We understand the fact that sometimes you just do not want to interact while watching your ideal player destroying the enemies. In such case, all you need to do is simply hide the stream’s chat, grab your favorite snacks, settle down at your computer table, and enjoy a relaxing weekend watching content without any distractions. Also, check out a new Twitch feature called Twitch Hype Chat.
How to Hide Chat on Twitch on PC/Laptop or Mac
Once you are logged into the Twitch website using your preferred browser. Head to the channel you’re willing to watch without looking at their chatbox. Once you are there, follow the steps below to hide chat on Twitch on PC.
- Once you have opened the Twitch stream you’d like to watch, you will find the chatbox embedded at the right side of the stream.
- Above the chat panel, you will find a collapse icon.
- Click on it and the chat will disappear.
If you want to open the hidden chat again, click on the expand button and chat will appear on your screen once again.
How to Hide Chat on Twitch on Android Phone/iPhone or iPad
If you are using the Twitch application on your phone or iPad, follow the steps below to hide chat on Twitch.
- Open your Twitch app and log into your account.
- Go to the streamer’s live broadcast where you’d like to hide the chat.
- You will see the chat panel under the live stream.
- To hide it, just at the phone rotation icon at the right bottom of the stream.
- Once you click it, the stream will turn to landscape mode and the chat will disappear.
Follow the steps below to re-open the chat while staying in landscape mode.
- Tap anywhere on the screen while the live broadcast is running.
- At the right bottom, it will give you a chat icon.
- Click on it and chat will appear again parallel to the stream.
In a nutshell, hiding stream chat helps you focus more on the content and it allows you to lurk on different channels without worrying about what is going on in the comments. We hope this guide helped you hide chat on Twitch on all your devices with ease. Always remember that these steps only hide your view of chat. This does not remove/stop the chat for anyone else.