Monetizing your Twitch channel is the first significant milestone every aspiring streamer on the platform looks forward to. It not only allows them to feel progressive about their streaming journey but also helps them start making passive income alongside their content creation. Being a small content creator on Twitch, the question about “how to become a Twitch affiliate and partner” may get you worried but it is not as difficult as it sounds.
In this guide, we shall be focusing on every possible aspect of the Twitch affiliate program and partners along with their applying methods. So, without further ado, let’s delve right into the content you’re here for!
How to Get Twitch Affiliate Fast?
If you want to get Twitch affiliated instantly then you must have a look at our services, our Twitch affiliate package will help you get the affiliate status with minimum effort.
Read the case study, how we helped one of our customers recently achieve Twitch affiliate status. You can also use our packages to become a Twitch affiliate in a few days.
Benefits of Twitch Affiliate
Once a Twitch streamer joins the Twitch affiliate program, they are awarded several benefits that help them grow exponentially as a streamer. Below are a few of the major perks listed
- Monetization: Getting affiliated with Twitch allows you to receive subscriptions from your viewers. You also start generating money via bits and ads.
- Customization: Once you are Twitch affiliated, you can customize your channel with emotes and messages and give your channel any proper theme you’d like.
- Reward Viewer’s Loyalty: If you are a Twitch affiliate, your viewers get channel points when they watch your stream. Those points could be used for emojis in the chat. You can also host a sub-only giveaway on your channel to reward your loyal viewers.
- Channel Progression: Getting affiliated with Twitch is one step closer to achieving a Twitch partner. Once you get partnered, you open more growing opportunities within the platform.
Twitch Affiliate Requirements
To become a Twitch Affiliate, you must meet specific requirements set by the platform. Here’s the criteria:
- Stream for at least 500 minutes: You need to have streamed for a total of 500 minutes (or roughly 8 hours) over the past 30 days.
- Broadcast on at least 7 unique days: Your streaming schedule should consist of at least seven different days within the last 30-day period.
- Reach an average of 3 concurrent viewers: Maintain an average of three or more viewers watching your stream concurrently during your streams which you can achieve after buying live Twitch viewers from us.
- Have at least 50 followers: Build a community by accumulating a minimum of 50 followers on your Twitch channel.
- Adhere to Twitch’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service: It is essential to follow all guidelines and rules outlined by Twitch regarding content, behavior, and copyright infringement.
Once you fulfill these requirements, Twitch will automatically review your channel for eligibility as an Affiliate. If approved, you will be asked to apply for the Twitch affiliate program by Twitch itself. Continue reading to find out how to become a Twitch affiliate.
How to Become a Twitch Affiliate
To become a Twitch affiliate, you will be required to meet all the requirements mentioned above. Continue reading the point below to find out how you can land on those requirements and take a step further toward your Twitch affiliate journey.
How to Get 50 Followers in a Month to Become a Twitch Affiliate
Determination and consistency is the key to achieving the first 50 followers in a month. Following are the key points that will ensure your success towards your goal.
- Daily Streaming: Consistently creating content on Twitch indicates your dedication toward your goal and helps you get the recognition on the platform that you deserve.
- Branding: Having a brand logo and a perfectly designed cover photo along with a proper layout for your stream that has your logo in it which reflects your identity helps you improve your standing on the platform.
- Giveaways: To achieve the first 50 followers on your Twitch account, you can organize giveaways for your viewers with specified requirements like asking your friends to follow this channel to win the giveaway.
These basics will help you spark up your progress towards achieving 50 Twitch followers in a month. If you’d like to read about this in-depth then click here to read out detailed guide on how to get 50 followers in a month to become a Twitch affiliate.
How to Get 3 Consecutive Viewers on Twitch to Become a Twitch Affiliate
If you focus on your ultimate goal and create high-quality content for your viewers, consecutive three followers would never be a problem for you. Follow the steps below to ensure 3 or more followers on your stream all the time.
- Notify your audience via Discord and Social Media Platforms: Identifying your followers via your Twitter, Instagram, and Discord channels that you are going live will help your community to join your stream quickly.
- Ask your family/friends: Dropping a message on your family’s and friends’ WhatsApp group to come and join your stream never goes unnoticed. It will help you get at least one or two viewers all the time.
- Offer Incentives for viewership: Consider offering incentives to encourage viewership, such as exclusive emotes or badges for subscribers, giveaways, or points/rewards system that encourages engagement and loyalty.
There are many other vital factors that are involved in the process of achieving a good viewer count. You can click here to read our detailed guide on how to get 3 consecutive Twitch viewers.
How to Complete 500 Stream Hours in 30 Days
500 minutes are roughly equal to 8 hours. All you require is going live for 8 hours in the time span of 30 days over 7 different days. We’d break down this by going live for 60 minutes daily and you’d fulfill this requirement in just 8 days.
Even if you broadcast live on Twitch for just 30 minutes daily, you still will complete this requirement in just 16 days.
Being hardcore gamers, we know that you would have done this in one day if doing this on 7 alternate days was not a compulsion. Jokes apart, this should not be a problem for any of you. So, let’s move on to the next part.
How to Check Twitch Affiliate Progress
Twitch gives you the option to check your affiliate progress once you are invited to join the Twitch affiliate program. Follow the steps below to check your Twitch affiliate progress
- Log in to your account on Twitch.tv
- Go to your creator dashboard.
- Under the “Analytics” button, click on the “Achievements” tab.
- The path to Affiliate achievement will track your progress.
How to Apply For Twitch Affiliate
If you have met all the requirements and see yourself eligible for the Twitch affiliate program, you will see a prompt that will indicate you to apply for it.
Another way to apply for the affiliate program is through your mail, and go to your mailbox. There, you will find a mail leading you to get started with the Twitch affiliate process. Just click on it and the process will start automatically.
Below we have briefly explained the process of applying for the Twitch affiliate program. Continue reading to find out.
- Payout Registration: The first step asks you for tax information and payout method details. Make sure you enter this information correctly and it should belong to the individual who owns the channel.
- Twitch Affiliate Agreement: You must read the agreement completely and then proceed with it. If you are a minor, then your parent or guardian must read the agreement and confirm with their personal details.
- Tax Interviews: At this point, you’d be asked to fill out two forms. One is a royalty tax form and the other one is a service tax form. Both include the same type of information but you’d have to fill out both of these forms separately.
- Payout Method Selection: This last step will ask you to select the payout method you’d like to use to withdraw your funds from Twitch. You will have to use third-party services to get your money out of Twitch. So, make sure you explore different payout options available and check their transaction fees then decide what suits you the best.
Additionally, you require a bank account or a PayPal account to sign up for the Twitch affiliate account for your payment options. However, you can also select Twitch to hold up your payments if your payment medium has not been sorted out yet. Twitch holds up to $100, after that, you must withdraw your money.
Once you are done with the process, you will have to wait for approval. Once approved, you will receive an email welcoming you into their affiliate program.
Case Study (How We Helped our Customer Get Affiliated with Twitch Recently)
Back in June, we helped our customer get affiliated with Twitch with very minimum effort. Continue reading to find out how.
We received an email on 5 June 2023 from one of our customers, he previously had used our one-day service which he liked, and contacted us again as he wanted to get affiliated with Twitch. We had no package to get Twitch affiliated back at that time so he requested a custom order to get his account affiliated with Twitch.
He only wants to buy 5 Twitch viewers along with 50 followers in one month. We suggested him to get viewers and followers along with chatters too as that would help him get a better standing on Twitch. He agreed with us and we delivered the custom order on the same date.
He started streaming on Twitch afterward and completed his 8 hours streaming requirements at different times and started to grow on the platform. We only delivered him 5 viewers but that boosted his channel on the platform and he had around 15-20 viewers most of the time he streamed.
After 30 days, he had an average viewer count of 7.6 all the time and he also gained 52 followers. His channel started growing automatically and on the 28th of June, he got affiliated with Twitch.
Twitch Affiliate Rule You Must Remember
When you go through the Twitch affiliate program agreement, there is a rule that states that when you start a live broadcast on the platform. Being associated with the Twitch affiliate program, you are bound not to share that piece of content for the next 24 hours once you have uploaded that on Twitch.
New streamers mostly neglect this rule and they end up getting removed from the affiliate program as they violate this rule. We hope that you’d pay extra attention to this one.
Twitch Affiliate Payout
Streamers who are affiliated with Twitch receive 50% of every kind of donation they receive. For example, if their sub costs $4.99 then they’d receive $2.50 and the rest of the 50$ goes to the Twitch.
However, in the case of Twitch partner, the split percentage is 70% 30% up to the first $100,000 of the streamer’s total revenue.
If you are a Twitch affiliate then you’d receive your payment from Twitch on the 15th of the month but only if your balance exceeds 50$ via most of the payment methods. If you choose to opt for a wire transfer payout then you’d require at least $100 to withdraw your funds.
Twitch Affiliate Bitrate Limit
Currently, Twitch allows Affiliates to stream with a maximum bitrate of 6000 kilobits per second (kbps). This means that your video and audio will be encoded and transmitted at this rate during your live stream.
Apart from this, Twitch affiliates also get the availability of transcoding on their streams. Normal accounts can get this too depending upon the availability of the resources but affiliate accounts are prioritized over normal ones. Transcoding allows viewers to lower quality feeds if their internet cannot handle it.
Twitch Partner Requirements
To become a Twitch Partner, you need to meet certain criteria and requirements set by Twitch. Here are some of the key requirements for becoming a Twitch Partner
Stream Requirements for Twitch partner
You should have a consistent streaming schedule and stream at least 25 hours over 12 unique days within the last 30 days. Additionally, your streams should attract an average of 75 concurrent viewers or more.
Adhere to Twitch’s Community Guidelines, which outline acceptable behavior, content restrictions (such as no copyright infringement or illegal activities), and other standards aimed at promoting a positive community experience.
Comply with all legal obligations associated with streaming on Twitch, including being of legal age in your country or region and ensuring that your content does not violate any laws or regulations. Furthermore, you should have a clean record on the platform ensuring your high trust factor.
Benefits of Twitch Partner
The perks of being a Twitch partner start with monetization, they make money through channel subscriptions, bits, emotes, and ads. Furthermore, they get extended VOD storage for up to 60 days.
Twitch partners get prioritized over any other streamer on the platform whether they are affiliates or normal streamers. Twitch has designed a dedicated team for Twitch partners who are instantly there to assist Twitch partners.
Twitch partners get excessive perks like adding up delay of up to 15 minutes on their stream to make sure that one can stream snipe them during their competitive gameplay.
Twitch Affiliate vs Twitch partner
Twitch Affiliate and Twitch Partner statuses are significant milestones in a streamer’s journey, and each comes with its own set of benefits.
Monetization Through Bits and Subs
Viewers can purchase a virtual currency called “Bits” and use them to support you through cheering in chat. Along with that, you can offer tiered subscriptions to your viewers, providing them with exclusive perks based on their chosen subscription level.
While limited compared to Partners, Affiliates may have access to some transcoding options depending on server capacity.
Becoming a Twitch Partner is considered an achievement that represents substantial growth and dedication in streaming. Some additional benefits it offers include:
Full Video Quality Options
Unlike Affiliates who might face limitations due to server capacity constraints, Partners have unrestricted access for their viewers regarding video quality settings.
Partners receive priority customer support from Twitch if they encounter any issues or need assistance.
More Emote Slots
As a Partner with more subscribers points accumulated, you’ll unlock additional emote slots allowing more custom emotes for your community.
Partnership status acknowledges the growth and engagement you have achieved in building your community. It comes with additional recognition, support from Twitch, and opportunities for special features such as partner-only chat badges or verified user badges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much can a Twitch affiliate make?
A: The answer to this question is totally subjective to the growth of one’s channel. Small content creators associated with an affiliated program make up to a few dollars, maybe a hundred or two hundred depending upon their growth. However, famous streamers make a handsome amount of money every month.
Whether you are a small streamer or a famous one, you’d have to split up your total revenue with Twitch. The complete payout method and split percentage information is available in the Twitch Affiliate Payout section above.
Q: Is getting Twitch Affiliate easy?
A: Everything becomes easy when you are focused and dedicated to achieving it. Getting affiliated with Twitch requires consistency and effort. If you are determined to achieve it, you will achieve it soon.
Q: Can I lose my Twitch affiliate?
Yes, if you are streaming on a semi-regular basis on Twitch, you might get removed from the Twitch affiliate program once they confirm your lack of interest in the platform.
Violation of any Twitch terms and conditions can also cause the removal of a Twitch affiliate
Q: Do you need 50 followers in 30 days for Twitch Affiliate?
A: Yes, but not only this. You also fulfill the rest of the requirements given in the requirements section above.
Q: Can I multistream on Twitch as an affiliate?
A: Once you upload any content on Twitch, it must stay exclusive for Twitch for the next 24 hours. After that, you can upload that content anywhere on the internet. Learn more about Twitch rules on multistreaming as an affiliate.
Make sure you never violate this rule because it can take your Twitch affiliate status away if you violate it unintentionally.
Remember that both Affiliate and Partner statuses are valuable milestones in your streaming career. As an Affiliate, you can start monetizing your channel; as a Partner, you gain increased visibility and access to enhanced benefits. Keep working hard, engaging with your audience, and creating quality content to unlock new opportunities on Twitch!
We assume that this guide has helped you find out all the secrets to becoming a Twitch affiliate, including the method to apply for it along with its pros.
Always remember that success does not come overnight, you gotta stay consistent, focused, and work smart for it. Happy streaming!