Twitch is one of the finest and most popular content creation platforms online with millions of streamers around the world. Even though it remains hugely popular, you need to be aware of some of the essential features of this platform in order to grow your Twitch channel by leaps and bounds. The best part is that Twitch offers a range of built-in tools so that you can easily manage your channel and also grow it quickly. This article takes you through how to make someone a mod on Twitch. For the unversed, mod refers to a moderator.
So, let’s dig deeper and find out more about who is a moderator and how you can make one on Twitch…
The Role of Moderators on Twitch
In simple words, a moderator is someone who can manage your Twitch account. You can actually make anyone a moderator for your Twitch channel provided he is a Twitch user and that you trust him.
A Moderator can:
- ban or time-out users
- manage polls and predictions
- control traffic to your Twitch chats in a couple of ways. For instance, he can enable slow, subscriber-only, and follower-only chat modes.
Who you choose or make a mod depends entirely upon you. You can make anyone a mod through the Twitch website or app, whichever you prefer or like. Also, have a look at do Twitch mods make money.
How to Make Someone a MOD from the Chat
Before you start the process of making someone a mod on Twitch, make sure that you are logged in to your Twitch account and that you are live streaming.
Now, go about taking the following steps:
- To begin with, go live on Twitch and navigate to your channel so that you can access your streaming chat box.
- Once you have access to your streaming chat box, simply enter the command /mod username and replace the username with the name of the user whom you want to make a mod.
- As you do so, you will notice a sword icon appear next to the Twitch username confirming that he has been assigned the role of a moderator. Now, check that the moderator status has been applied correctly.
At the same time, you should also be aware of the process to remove a moderator. For this, all you have to do is enter the command /unmod username (make sure to replace username with the Twitch user who has been serving as your moderator).
How to Make Someone a Mod on the Twitch Website
You can also choose a user from your Twitch chat to become a mod and here’s how you do that:
- Go to your stream chat and click on the user’s Twitch username.
- Now, you should see the profile overview displayed on the screen. All you have to do is click on the silhouette icon to make him a mod.
- Clicking on the icon again or the second time will remove the moderator status of the Twitch user.
Isn’t it simple and easy? You can also check how to get the stream key on Twitch.
How to add Twitch moderators through the Creator Dashboard
I must say that it is not always simple or rather convenient to make someone a mod while you are busy as hell with streaming. In such a case, it is important to know how to make someone a mod while you are offline and not streaming.
Here are the steps to do so:
- First of all, click on your profile icon and select Creator Dashboard
- Now, tap on community and go to Roles Manager
- Now, click on Add a Role
- Enter and select the Twitch user using the search box
- Now, click the box next to Moderator.
How to make someone a mod using the Twitch app
It is also important to know how to make someone a mod through the Twitch app on your mobile phone. Here are the steps to do so:
- At the onset, you need to download and install Twitch app on your mobile device
- You should be live streaming in order to add a mod.
- Once you are live streaming, go to your chat box
- Tap on the Twitch username and again tap on Mod User
- The next step is to tap Yes to confirm.
You may follow the same steps in order to remove someone from the role assigned as moderator.
Twitch is an amazing platform that is much more than a social media network. Not just this, it comes with a great set of tools to help your channel grow. You need moderators in order to keep certain unwanted elements away from your account or channel that may spoil the environment and assigning the role of the mod to some of your trusted people is one of the best ways to do so. I have tried to list some of the best and easy ways to help you go through the process. So, go ahead and make your trusted Twitch users moderators for your channel!