Chromebook was mainly designed to browse on the internet and use web store applications. However, this does not mean you cannot use it according to your needs; we are referring to the activities like streaming on Twitch at your favorite hour of the day and playing games.
It is a fact that Chromebooks come with lower-powered processors and low-end graphics units which means you might face difficulties playing games and streaming on a Chromebook but it is still doable. In this article, we shall help you find the easiest way to stream on Twitch on Chromebook. So, without waiting anymore. Let’s dive in.
Minimum System Requirements for Chromebook to Stream on Twitch
Below are the system requirements your Chromebook must have to stream on Twitch.
- 4 gigabytes of RAM (2GB for streaming purposes and the rest for the other processing to take place)
- A quad-core processor (Intel or AMD)
- DirectX 11 supported graphics card
You will face severe difficulties if your Chromebook does not match the requirements written above. You must match your current Chromebooks specifications with the requirements above to reach any conclusion that whether you can stream smoothly or not.
There are many streaming software products on the internet that allow you to stream your Chromebook display to your Twitch account. We shall name a few of those below and also tell you our recommendation.
These are the four renowned software products thousands of people use to stream on Twitch on Chromebook. They all work fine but StreamYard has been our go-to streaming software for ChromeOS.
How to Setup StreamYard on ChromeBook
Follow the steps below to set up your Chromebook to stream on Twitch.
- Go to the streamyard.com
- Once you open up the site, click on Get Started at the top right of the screen to create your account.
- Once your account is created, go to the “Destinations” tab and connect your StreamYard account with your Twitch account.
- Once connected, you need to go to the broadcast bar on the StreamYard website.
- Click on “Create a broadcast” and then select live broadcast.
- Choose the title and category of your stream and click on Create a Broadcast.
- You will be directed to StreamYard studio to finalize the settings for your stream.
Once you follow all these steps, you will be just one step away from starting your stream. You would get all the options regarding your stream layout and quality. Below are the more precise steps to set up your StreamYard studio.
- Once you have entered StreamYard studio, allow microphone and webcam access.
- You will be able to see your webcam and mic results there just to ensure that everything is working fine.
- In the bottom bar of the StreamYard Studio page, you will find a “Share” icon.
- Click on it and then click on “Share Screen”
- This will start capturing your Chromebook screen in the StreamYard studio.
- You will find different options regarding screen share, whether you want to share everything you see on the display or some specific window like the game you are planning to stream or a browser window.
- Make sure you check the “share screen audio” at the bottom of the page.
- You would get different other options like selecting a layout which you can decide according to your choice.
That was it. Precisely following these steps will allow you to set up a stream on Twitch on Chromebook in no time.
Things to Consider Before You Go Live
Check your Internet Connection Stability
Before you start broadcasting live on Twitch, make sure you have enough upload speed to avoid any interruptions during the live stream. You can use speedtest.net to find out the download and upload speed of your internet connection.
Make sure you are getting low latency on your servers because it plays a vital role in maintaining a smooth broadcast for a longer period. Lastly, we advise you to use an ethernet connection during your live broadcasts on Twitch because WiFi is not as reliable as a wired connection.
Close Unnecessary Applications and Tasks From Your Task Manager
Considering the fact that ChromeBook has less amount of memory compared to gaming laptops, so you must close all the unnecessary applications before you decide to start a broadcast on Twitch. You should also close out the downloaded services running at the back utilizing your RAM through your task manager. This will help to spare some extra memory for your stream to ensure that you stream without facing any lags.
Go for the Browser and Light Hardware Oriented Games
Your Chromebook might not be able to run and stream the latest AAA titles out there in the market so you must look out for games and programs that your Chromebook can run smoothly in order to maintain a smoother live viewing experience for others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Chromebook good for streaming?
Chromebooks are natively not designed for gaming and streaming. However, they still have enough processing power to stream your favorite play store games on Twitch.
Can you use OBS on Chromebook?
After doing thorough research on Reddit, we’d conclude this question by saying that it does not work with all the Linux OS versions. You must have to run it on your Chromebook to find out. If it does not work, try downloading the older versions of OBS that might be the turning point for you. Lastly, if you want the OBS to work on your Chromebook, try installing the Linux Environment, it will run the OBS on your machine but make sure its hardware is powerful enough to handle the Linux Environment.
Streaming on Twitch using a Chromebook might not be the most conventional choice, but it certainly proves that passion and creativity can overcome limitations. By ensuring your device meets the minimum system requirements, and optimizing performance settings by closing all the unnecessary applications and tasks, you can create an authentic connection with your audience while sharing high-quality content directly from your Chromebook.
In conclusion, embrace the challenge of streaming on a Chromebook as an opportunity to showcase determination and resourcefulness. With dedication and careful attention to detail during the setup and configuration processes outlined in this guide, you’ll be well-equipped to embark on a heartfelt journey full of memorable moments shared with viewers around the world! Happy streaming.